Pro správné zobrazení těchto stránek aktualizujte svůj prohlížeč.Aktualizovat prohlížeč nyní
Decin is rich in cultural landmarks as well as romantic panoramic views. The imprint of local history is evident in its sacred landmarks.
An excellent example of Baroque architecture, the church was built in the years 1678 to 1691 for castle use. For better access, a covered passage was built along the length of the Long Drive, leading from the rose garden directly to the family’s private box in the church. The interior features frescoes by Josef Kramolin from 1790 to 1791. The church and its covered passage are part of the castle “Baroque Treasures” tour.
This neo-Gothic chapel was built to replace a Baroque chapel dating from 1723. In 1822 the Thun-Hohensteins established a family crypt here. Viennese architect Friedrich Schmidt drew up the plans and work was overseen by Josef Mocker. The chapel is open from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on weekends and holidays from May through September.
This single-nave church with its tall spire is built of sandstone in a fusion of neo-Romanesque and neo-Gothic styles (1884, drafted by G.L Moeckel, oversight W. Nickel). The construction of the church took place under local Evangelical leader Franz Jordan.
This oblong, single-nave church was built in a neo-Romanesque style in 1858. It was renovated between 1992 and 1994. The church’s Renaissance altar was acquired in 1958 from the church in Krasny Studenec, where it had been since sometime in the early 19th century. Its exquisite woodwork includes reliefs of the Last Supper, the Crucifixion, and the Resurrection.
This Baroque church was remodelled in the latter half of the 19th century. The original Church of Saint Wenceslaus (first written record 1368) was located elsewhere. In 1492 a new Gothic church was consecrated. It was destroyed by fire in 1749. Reconstruction began in 1751 but the church did not reopen until 1878. In 1927 the Chapel of the Virgin Mary (1726) was relocated here from its original site on the opposite side of the road. In 1939, the chapel of Saint Anna was moved to the northern wall from its original location in Anenska ulice, where it had stood since 1730.
Thanks to your contributions, Děčín can also be admired online. Tag Instagram photos with #idecin and we'll show them here.