Pro správné zobrazení těchto stránek aktualizujte svůj prohlížeč.Aktualizovat prohlížeč nyní
The history of the Labe paddlewheeler docked at the foot of Decin Castle harks back to 1938. That’s when it was commissioned in Usti nad Labem along with its twin, the Vltava, which was completed in 1940. Completion of the Labe, however, was delayed until the end of the Second World War to prevent its being pressed into use by the Nazis.
It went into service in Prague on 14 July 1949 and plowed the waters of the Vltava (Moldau) River until 1986 and was the longest operating coal-powered steamboat on the river.
It was docked for repairs until 1998, when it was transferred to Minden and made operational before heading out on the River Weser as the Wappen von Minden und Weserstolz.
The steamboat returned to Decin under its own steam on the Elbe in the spring of last year, to be acquired by the Elbe Waterways Association.
It was renovated and has undergone its first test voyage.
Everything is ship-shape and now we can look forward to taking her out on 15 April to enjoy the beauties of this area from the deck. The Labe steamboat departs from Smetanovo nabrezi at 9 am, 10:30 am, noon, 1:30 pm, 3 pm, and 4:30 pm. Tickets are available at www.vstupenkadecin.cz for 100 CZK apiece.